Hello! A short, sweet, guest-free episode for you this week, with baseball, musical advice, and #TRASHDICK for everyone!
- Open (0:00-3:20)
- Emails (4:00-23:50)
- Musical guest: CONVERGE (24:35-32:25)
- Baseball talk: (32:25-58:25)
The Giants are crumbling and the Dodgers are rolling
Sergio Romo done lost his job
Is Jose Altuve a warlock?
Are the Mariners actually pretty good?
OH NOEZ, GROUND CONTROL
Bryce Harper is talking shit again
RauLOL Ibanez and the RoyLOLs
Giancarlo Stanton is gonna be in the HR Derby and HOLY SHIT
Our picks for the HR Derby
- Musical advice: What do you think about, and how do you approach/interpret your recorded performances? (59:10-1:08:08)
- Puig Destroyer update and KWC tour (1:08:08-1:11:00)
PRODcast 85 is dedicated to our two patron saints, Lastings Milledge and Tony La Russa. May they both bless you and keep you and may their lights shine upon you forever.
Here’s how 85 breaks down:
- Open (0:00-8:00)
- Your wacky emailz (8:45-30:45)
- Human guest: Melissa Lockard of OaklandClubhouse.com (34:00-55:00)
- The baseball things (55:50-1:18:55)
Josh Byrnes got canned as GM of the Padres
Carlos Correa … NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
The Angels BLOLpen is still a mess
The Brewers might actually be legit
Wacha and Garcia to the DL for the Cards
Phils sign Grady Sizemore to a minor league deal because of course they do
The Rangers … the poor Rangers
Bronson Arroyo could be next in line for TJ surgery
- Puig Destroyer updates (1:21:30-1:26:15)
- Goodbye and thank you for listening!
Short and sweet this week, kids. Bing bang boom. Still no shortage of great #content, with our unique based ball insight accompanied by the mellifluous strains of ILLUSTRATIONS.
- The open: memories of a young, portly Prince, enveloped in Zubazity. (0:00-4:05)
- The emails. Y’all crazy. (4:40-22:55)
- The baseball things: (26:26-50:20)
- R.I.P. Tony Gwynn
- More baseballers fall to the curse of Tommy John, including Chad Billingsley
- Where goeth the Shark?
- Royals are rolling
- Giants free-falling
- Please get well, Justin Verlander
- Cardinals are coming for what’s theirs
- The All-Star Game continues to be stupid
- Musical advice: what the hell is Ian’s problem with Guided by Voices, and the fine line of fidelity (51:00-1:00:00)
- Puig Destroyer updates and TTFN (1:00:00-1:03:02)ast
Super excited for this one, which is basically just Riley and Ian talking for almost 2 hours about how great Eric Gagne was.
Nah, just kidding, he was a giant tool! But we do have other great stuff for you, including:
- The open (0:00-5:23)
- The emails (5:51-29:31)
- The musical guest: FUCKED UP. (30:10-33:45)
- The human guest: Justin Halpern (33:45-1:04:13)
- The baseball stuff: (1:04:47-1:38:52)
Manny Machado is a dumbass
Josh Lueke got DFA (finally) and the Rays will be sellers… but when?
The Giants are running away with the NL West
Are the Blue Jays for real?
The Twines signed one or more Kendrys Moraleses
Tony Sipp played right field
Trevor Cahill was D’d for A
Gregory Polanco is finally up and the Super 2 thing sucks
Lonald Chisenhall had a big night
CWS stuff. Go ‘Eaters!
- The li’l KWC tour report (1:39:30-1:47:36)
See you next week!
Two musicians who love baseball, but don't take it too seriously.