YOU GUYS. IT’S ALMOST BASEBALL. So we made a show for you. Here’s how it went.
-Open (0:00- 3:45)
-Emails from Canadians (4:15-23:25)
-Musical Guest: VULGAR TRADE (24:15-25:50)
-Human Guest: Will Sharp, pro scout with the Houston Astros (25:50-1:09:00)
-Baseball Things! (1:09:55)
- Baseball Is Back! (sort of)
- A Mike Trout Extension?
- Braves Be Spendin’ (Freeman, Kimbrel, Heyward, Teheran, Simmons … )
- The Face of MLB
- Mark Mulder’s Improbable Comeback Is Over (Achilles Heels)
- Gratuitous Jeff Karstens Discussion
-Musical Advice: How does someone who’s never played an instrument start in adulthood? (1:25:30-1:30:20)
-What’s Next? BP annual, Puig Destroyer write about baseball for Decibel, spring training trips… (1:30:20-1:37:20)
Clever intro goes here.
- Open (0:30-3:30)
- Emails (4:00-28:00)
- Musical guest: DAUGHTERS (28:30-33:00)
- Human guest: Sarah Colonna (33:00-1:03:00)
- Baseball talk! (1:03:25-1:19:10)
- Pitchers and catchers are about to report (to play golf)
- 2014 PECOTA projections
- Lingering free agents
- Freedie Freeman extension
- Musical advice: re. artists you follow and trailblazers who don’t get the credit they deserve (1:20:00-1:33:30)
- What’s coming up: BP Annual and Puig Destroyer (1:33:30-1:37:00)
- If you made it this far, thanks!
Sixty-nine, get it? Heh heh.
This is our Dekalb, IL-themed show. We’ve got music from WEEKEND NACHOS and an interview with the late, great Kevin Goldstein. We cordially invite you to listen.
- Musical guest: WEEKEND NACHOS
- Spectral humanoid interview: Houston Astros’ Director, Pro Scouting Kevin Goldstein
- Baseball stuff!
- Less than a month until pitchers and catcher report
- The crazy-because-it’s-not-that-crazy Clayton Kershaw extension
- The Tanaka sweepstakes
- A few interesting arbitration cases
- Michael Clair’s blogathon, raising money for Doctors Without Borders
- Musical advice! Great questions, questionable answers
Two musicians who love baseball, but don't take it too seriously.