We made a thing and put it inside a cat and shot it out onto the internet!
Also, this (via The Big Lead):
But the show!
- Open (0:00-3:37)
-Baseball stuff: (48:40-1:14:55)
- Early season mirages? Gordon, Gomez, Upton, Utley
- Jeff Francoeur and the best baseball prank ever
- Giancarlo Stanton: officially ridiculous
- Dbacks, Angels, and Royals are complete tire-fires right now
- Baseball! Get into it.
- Musical advice question: The necessary evil of band names (1:15:30-whatever)
- KWC show debrief and other stuff (1:23:30-1:29:00)
We’re back to a weekly schedule because baseball is back! The Lord giveth and then she taketh away, or something.
But we’re here to celebrate the mediocrity that is Barry Zito X late-period Metallica:
In other, less painful (we hope) audio news, here is a prawncats!
- The open (0:00-7:35)
- The emails. Weird, as usual. (8:15-29:45)
- The music: feat. Get Pure, the new album from MOUNT CARMEL. (30:30-32:30)
- The baseball talk (32:30-1:02:20)
Coffee is for closers and closers be blowin’ it: Nathan, Holland, Parnell, etc.
Emilio Bonifiacio es bonafide?
- Ryan Braun done lost his mind
Replay review: Can you dig it?
Seven-inning baseball games?
- The musical advice: the vagaries of record-label contracts, sales, reissues, and the like. (1:03:05-1:13:40)
- The self-promotion (1:13:40-1:17:55)
- The farewell
Yeah, this podcast is dedicated to all the teachers that told us we’d never get past episode fitty. It’s all good, baby.
- It was all a dream: Not Jose Mota welcomes back the baseball season (0:00-7:12)
- We read your crazy-ass emails (7:45-28:45)
- Salt and Pepa and Animals as Leaders up in the limousine (29:2-34:15)
- Every Wednesday night, Evan Funk Davies, not Marley Marl (34:15-53:55)
- Baseball talk til my tape popped (54:42-1:20:11)
- BASEDBALL IS BACK
- Mike Trout is rich (and very good at baseball)
- Miguel Cabrera is also rich (and good at baseball) and the Tigers are dumb
- Our respective divisional picks, wild card teams, NL & AL champs & WS champ
And if you don’t know, now you know…
We’re back after yet another li’l break. Sometimes life just happens, y’know?
- The open feat. Dick Talk (0:00-6:40)
- Canada-free emails (7:15-30:00)
- Musical guest: DEAD RIDER (30:45-34:35)
- Baseball talk! (34:35-1:02:20)
- TJ surgery for everyone!
- Aroldis Chapman, ugh.
- Australian ballbase?
- Ian’s Cactus League recap!
- Holy shit, Mike Trout.
- Musical advice (1:03:05-1:26:05)
- What are your desert-island Radiohead and Beatles records?
- Riley rants about the new Metallica song
- See you next time! Thank you!
Two musicians who love baseball, but don't take it too seriously.