This is normally where I wax about how great the show is, but I can’t lie to you: this show is terrible. Like,. the worst we’ve ever done. I wouldn’t even listen if I were you.
KIDDING! It’s awesome. Carson Cistulli was great. The Wonder Years were great. Riley and Ian were pretty good. The theme song is still the theme song. We’re going to re-do that one of these days.
Here’s the AgenDERP:
- Emails from people whose balls are being tripped
- We subject Carson Cistulli to a heavily modified Proust Questionnaire
- The Wonder Years (the band) is discussed
- Baseball is discussed as well
- The Angels are awful
- The Orioles kind of are too, maybe
- The Cardinals totally are NOT
- Nor are the Indians, at least for the moment, although Chief Wahoo is
- Sanabia, Schmanabia
All non-theme-songs are played by The Wonder Years from their new album, The Greatest Generation. Used without permission. Please don’t sue us.
Great show. Long show. Lot of emails. We laughed together, we cried together. We maybe even learned something. About each other — and about ourselves.
There was also Hunter Pence.
Here’s the rundown …
SO MANY EMAILS
Musical Guest: KVELERTAK. Their new album is called MEIR, and it rules.
Human Guest: Jason Collette of BaseballProspectus, the Towers Of Power Fantasy Hour Podcast, Rotowire, TheProcessReport, & RJBullpen (Did we miss anything?)
Baseball Things: We are obliged to talk about them.
- Ian’s trip to Houston for the BP event
- In da SFG clubhouse
- Ankiel’s new home
- Altuve’s subluxed jaw
- Harper’s defleshed face
- Sale’s lerpy limbs
- Ian’s Punk Hits column at BP
- Riley’s Battle of LA for Getting Blanked and heading out on tour with Jimmy Eat World
We’re on something of a roll here: two shows in two weeks! And they’re both really good, if we do say so ourselves. (We do.)
Here’s the haps.
Your (Expurgated) Emails
Musical Guest: Cult Of Luna
Human Guest: Marc Normandin of SBNation, Over The Monster and elsewhere
- The Angels are horrible
- The Giants swept LOLs Dodgers
- Roy Halladay: Done? A grinder or selfish?
- The “Royal ‘We””, always a pertinent topic
- Proper LOLmenclature: A Field Guide
- J.A. Happ: We really hope you’re OK.
- Ian at BP, the Houston BP Event and other things
- Riley at Getting Blanked & PureVolume
Two musicians who love baseball, but don't take it too seriously.