GREETZ, PEEPZ. We have a fantastical episode for you. Whether you like music and baseball, or baseball and music, there’s something for every one! Here’s how it breaks down:
- The open, where we open
- The emails, where crazy people write to us and we read what they wrote
- The musical guest: This time it’s San Francisco psych-poppers WOODEN SHJIPS. Their fourth full-length, “Back to Land,” is out now on Thrill Jockey. And it’s on Keith Law’s Best of 2013 list. …
- … which is relevant because Keith Law is our guest this week. He talks baseball and music and past, present, and future with us.
- Then there’s the baseball talk:
- Michael Morse is a giant, both literally and figuratively
- Kevin Towers is gutting his farm system
- Grant Balfour is taking his steakheaded rage to Bawlmore
- Yankees trade money to the DL for Brian Roberts
- Masahiro Tanaka is in limbo
- Raul Ibanez to Los Angeles of Anaheim
- Music Talk: Instead of advice, this episode we disgust our top 10 records of the year. There’s some convergence and some of whatever the other thing would be.
- Then there are the sad goodbyes until next calendar year! Thank you for everything.
- Keith Law’s top 100 songs
- Riley’s top 13 albums plus hono(u)rable mentions
- Ian’s top 20 albums
- That friggin’ picture of Mike Zagurski