This week’s episode is a short sharp shock to your Matt Harvey-fatigued brain. Get in, get out, get back to work.
(0:00-5:50) The open, and our musical guest: MICHAEL FREAKING McDONALD
(6:30-24:44) The emails
(25:13-42:48) The baseball things:
- The Angels and Giants have collapsed, and we as fans are left with nothing
- The Rangers are rolling, and only a game behind the Astros … how?
- The Blue Jays are destroying, run diff of ~200 (196), ~100 (88) more RS than any other team
- NL seems to be pretty much wrapped up - LAD, STL, NYM, PIT, CHC
- Matt Williams is a bad manager, maybe the worst
- Cardinals still employing Devil Magic
(42:35-49:27) The old School Player of the Week Is:
This is the only known photo of Bob and his 70-grade DADHAT, DADGLASSES, STORKNECK, and PORNSTACHE. Bob was a lanky OF who played in 20 games for the Royals in 1980. In 26 career ABs he posted a .308 BA w/ two doubles, a bomb, seven RBI and a stolen base. And that was it. After spending 8 seasons in the minors, he sniffed the bigs for 20 games, played one more season at AAA Omaha in 1981 and hung ‘em up at age 26.
He uh … has a Facebook page now. It sucks.