We did that thing again!
(0:00-3:11) The open
(3:39-9:30) The musical guest: SUFJAN STEVENS. Buy “Carrie and Lowell” here.
(9:30- 31:25) Emails from Mostly Canadians
(31:53-1:01:58) The baseball blather
- ROYALS VS. A’s: Dirty slides and general chippiness
- Tossing dudes w/o a warning: Good? Bad?
- Kris Bryant’s debut: much ado about nothing, and the dawn of the new #Cubes?
- Adrian Gonzalez was out of his mind (until yesterday). and so is Nellie Cruz
- A-Rod is too, milestone clauses in his contract, (maybe) ‘roids, and that 471 ft. bomb
- Mike Trout is Mike Trout - fastest to 100 HR and 100 SB. Can the best player in baseball actually be underrated?
- The Tigers are good, The Marlins are a Small Sample Size dumpster fire
(1:02:24-1:16:41) Ask Two Idiots about Music. Bennett asks about the mechanics of reunions and times we’ve almost died at shows.
(1:17:11-1:24:23) THE OLD SCHOOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK: PAT SHERIDAN
60 DADHAT, 70 CREEPSTACHE, 70 DADGLASSES, 80 TOOTHGAP, 50 70’s HAIR
Sheridan was a beanpole (6’3”, 175 lbs) and played nine seasons for the Royals, Tigers and Giants as an OF with the rare “bats left, throws right” combo. He was a career .253 hitter, hit 51 HR, drove in 257 runs, and posted a 5.5 bWAR in those nine seasons. He looks like he could just as easily be a part of an Amber Alert as he could fit on the pre-Sogard evolution chart. He could also be Paul Sporer’s dad.