I’ve been doing horrible things to MLB Photo Day pics: Part 2
- Open (0:00-6:50)
- Emails (7:35-20:45)
- Musical guest: OBLITERATIONS. Buy “Poison Everything” here.(21:23-24:15)
- The baseball talk (24:15-55:35)
- NLCS - GAINTS & CRADS are battling
- ALCS - Royals continue to win in exciting fashion
- That #JABO broadcast: ehh?
- Andrew Friedman to the Dodgers: WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
- Chip Hale is the DBacks’ new overlord: WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
- Ep. 111 of the 99% Invisible Podcast on Rooting for Laundry & The Story of Stirrups
- Musical advice: What does a tech actually do? (with bonus boner talk!) (56:20-1:12:45)
103 wins and no postseason berth. That hardly seems fair.
- Open (0:00-7:15)
- Emails (7:47-27:20)
- Musical guest: GAME THEORY. Buy “Blaze of Glory” here. (27:50-33:30)
- Baseball things:
RE2PECT: Derek Jeter Day at The House That Scott Brosius Built, and Derek Jeter’s selfishness?
Has PitchTrax ruined baseball? (spoiler: no)
Halos & Orioles have the two best records in baseball, but their starting pitching “is not built for the postseason.” Significant?
The A’s continue to Brewer.
Kevin Towers gets the axe in AZ. But why now?
Ron Washington steps down in TEX. (See above)
- Musical advice: Where does the “playing it live” consideration come in the writing process?
- Puig Destroyer updates
- Au revoir
This is normally where I wax about how great the show is, but I can’t lie to you: this show is terrible. Like,. the worst we’ve ever done. I wouldn’t even listen if I were you.
KIDDING! It’s awesome. Carson Cistulli was great. The Wonder Years were great. Riley and Ian were pretty good. The theme song is still the theme song. We’re going to re-do that one of these days.
Here’s the AgenDERP:
- Emails from people whose balls are being tripped
- We subject Carson Cistulli to a heavily modified Proust Questionnaire
- The Wonder Years (the band) is discussed
- Baseball is discussed as well
- The Angels are awful
- The Orioles kind of are too, maybe
- The Cardinals totally are NOT
- Nor are the Indians, at least for the moment, although Chief Wahoo is
- Sanabia, Schmanabia
All non-theme-songs are played by The Wonder Years from their new album, The Greatest Generation. Used without permission. Please don’t sue us.