Good job guys, good effort.
1. The Open
2. The Musical Guest: ROMAN CITIES. Buy “The Sharksleep Sessions” here.
3. The Emails
4. The Human Guest: Christopher Crawford of Baseball Prospectus. Check out The Draft to the Show kickstarter here.
5. The Baseball Things!
- Ugh, the Josh Hamilton fiasco.
- Small-Sample-Size Theater! Who’s hot. Who’s not. None of it matters!
- But the bottom 10 producers by fWAR are stull amusing.
- Mookie Betts and George Springer: HOTT. “World Champion” Giants: NOTT.
- Diamondbacks are being bush-league… again.
- And Ian’s new favorite prospect (name).
6. YE OLDE OLDE SCHOOLE PLAYER of the WEEKE: ROSS GRIMSLEY
80-grade merm, 60 DADHAT, 60 mustache, dead grey eyes, and he looks like he should be in Jethro Tull.
Nicknamed “Scuz” or “Crazy Eyes”, Grimsley played 11 seasons with the Reds, Orioles, Expos and Indians as a LHP (mostly a starter). He was an All-Star in ‘78. Won 124 games, had a 3.81 career ERA, and a 1.306 WHIP. Comps are Tom Browning, Bill “Spaceman” Lee, Bud Black and Frank Viola.
He’s been a minor league pitching coach for the Giants for several years and is currently the pitching coach for the Richmond Flying Squirrels.