Quick and dirty episode for you this week. Here it go:
- The open (0:00-2:12)
- The musical guest: TORCHE. Buy RESTARTER here. (2:50-5:35)
- EMAILS (5:35-20:10) featuring Paul McAnulty
- A belated HOT TAKE (20:10-24:10)
- Baseball stuff! (24:50-43:55)
- Riley’s return to the diamond!
- Yu Darvish goes down :(
- Hunter Pence too :((
- And the Josh Hamilton situation, ugh :(((
- Ned Yost’s favorite Radiohead album is ___________.
- Baseball Prospectus under new ownership
- Musical advice: Band names that evoke their music? Bonus baseball question: Acceptable jersey/shirsey wearing? (44:35-55:20)
- Old school player of the week: LEE MOTHERFUCKIN’ TUNNELL (55:20-1:03:20)
80 DADHAT, 80 DADGLASSES, 55 BEARD, 30 CHIN, 70 DORKBUILD
Quite possibly the beta version of Eric Sogard
Pitched six years in the bigs with the Pirates, Cards & Twins as a starter and reliever. 22-28, 4.23 ERA, 1.477 WHIP. He was also busted for soliciting an internet prostitute, and being an outspoken advocate for Christianity. WHOOPS.
Comps are nobody you’ve ever heard of, but some plus-plus-names including …
Yank Terry (977)
Dutch Levsen (973)
Doyle Lade (973)
Bert Husting (971)
Al Santorini (971)