Hey, y'all! We’re back from turrrr and ready to talk about baseball. Have some!
(0:00-2:40) The open
(3:20-8:30) The musical guest: YAUTJA. Buy “Songs of Descent” here.
(8:30-27:20) The emails
(28:00-59:30) The baseball things
- We thought we’d cursed the Astros with our last PROD, but we guess we didn’t
- The TWINT are good?
- The Royals are telling PECOTA to eat it
- The A’s are a garbage fire
- Bryce Harper is a golden god … finally
- Pitchers be goopin’ their forearms
- Dan Jennings is General Manager Manager
- When will TRAID season heat up?
(1:00:00-1:09:05) Musical advice: Balancing creative endeavors and “real life” – can it be done?
(1:09:05-1:12:05) The Old School Player of the Week: DERREL THOMAS
70 grade DADGLASSES, 70 grade DADHAT, 80 grade DADLAP, 80 grade TOOTHGAP
Can we be certain that this isn’t an alias for Ron Washington? A Dave Chapelle character? A figment of our imagination?
Thomas played 15 seasons for the Astros, Padres, Giants, Dodgers, Expos, Angels and Phillies as a 2B, SS and OF. He had a career average of .249, OPS of .649, OPS+ of 84, a career WAR of 6.6. Thomas was a part of the Dodgers’ WS championship team in ‘81, holds the unique distinction of playing every position (except pitcher) in the bigs, and currently coaches at the Adrenaline Athletic Training Center in Riverside, CA.